Mold Free Diet

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had to give up chocolate and soy sauce.  I was directed by my doctor that I needed to be on a mold free diet.  When he explained it to me I couldn’t believe all the foods that I should give up.  I was informed that after having a mold exposure like I had it would be wise to also give up foods that could contain mold.  This diet included giving up all fermented products, most processed meats, concentrated fruit juices (as juices could be made with older fruit that could not be sold in the market), breads because of the yeast and aged cheeses.  I also discovered that I could no longer drink my regular black tea but would have to substitute it for green tea which I have since learned to like.

I learned as time went on that the mycotoxins that had invaded my body had left their mark as well in the form of severe food allergies.  I will write more on this and the rotation diet I followed.

For a more complete list of these foods, you can view the mold help diet at www.mold-survivor.com.   This diet is an adaptation of the diet from my doctor.

About these ads

4 responses to “Mold Free Diet

  1. Reblogged this on allergictolifemybattle and commented:

    I am reblogging this post about the Mold-Free Diet. I am adding this link that will take you directly to the diet. My original blog link took you to the mold-survivor site but not directly to the diet page. http://mold-survivor.com/dietcopyright.html

  2. Pingback: Mold Free Diet | allergictolifemybattle | sondasmcschatter

  3. Does the skin on the inside of your mouth wear off when you eat a food that you are allergic to? I’m trying to figure out what I eat that causes this. It never happens when I cook for myself at home, as I cook only fresh food and limit my diet. So, I’m quite sure it is something that I’m eating when I’m out, or perhaps the nickel from the container the restaurant stores their food in.

    BTW, info for others allergic to nickel: Even expensive Italian restaurants use canned marinetta sause on their pizza (I called 5 nice It. restaurants). And the nickel in cans leashes into the food, especially tomatoes.

    • I have had my mouth slough skin like when it is burned before. My usual mouth reaction is just extreme itchiness that extends into my ears and throat and then depending on the food anaphylaxis. Remember that a lot of foods eaten out can contain preservatives. I am extremely sensitive to sulfites. You mention sensitivity to nickel. You might want to visit http://theallergista.com/about/. She talks about nickel allergies in detail.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s