I was nominated today by the lovely Jenny at My Fibrotastic Life for “The Dragon’s Loyalty Award”. Jenny is the proud nominee of this award four times already. For this reason I am not including her in my nominees – but I want to state that she has been a great and loyal follower. I have had several nominations over the last few months but have been so wrapped up in all things book and other issues that I have not taken the time to honor them. Today I am turning over a new leaf and promise to be more diligent when it comes to responding to awards given me.
“The philosophy of the award is: The Dragon’s Loyalty Award is an award for the loyal fan/commenter, whether the recipient is a fellow blogger or just someone who follows and comments regularly”.
There are some rules that one must follow in order to fully accept the award and they are as follows:
1. Firstly, display the Award on your site. You earned it and you deserve it! (check)
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award in your acceptance post; (check)
3. Nominate 15 well deserving bloggers for the Award and let them know the wonderful news by sending them a message on their site; (this will be done as soon as this link is posted)
4. List 7 interesting facts about yourself” (check)
I have done these awards before and don’t know if I can come up with 7 facts that you don’t know about me but here goes;
- I have never learned how to skate. I remember trying a few times at the roller rink but was so bad (uncoordinated) and embarrassed that I quit going.
- When my left hand gets cold you can faintly see a scar across my fingers where I grabbed a fresh cup of hot coffee on the table and spilled it on my hand when I was a baby.
- I didn’t get chicken pox as a child no matter how many times I was exposed but instead got them when I was 31 from a child who was visiting my daughters’ preschool on the day it was my turn to volunteer and then gave them to my own daughters 21 days later.
- Since we are about to celebrate Thanksgiving – I will tell you that I came down with the mumps on Thanksgiving Day.
- I chose to walk nearly two miles to school during high school because I didn’t want to walk 1/2 mile and then ride the bus.
- I was in Whose Who Among Junior College Students.
- My favorite toy was a stuffed dog with bells in his ears that I for some strange reason named Gas Pipe.
My 15 nominees are: