Aug. 25, 2012
I decided to try one of the bread recipes from http://elanaspantry.com. I had purchased some blanched almond flour after visiting her site.
The bread I made was the “simple bread” http://www.elanaspantry.com/simple-bread/. The bread was moist when I cut my first slice and tasted good the next day when I toasted it for breakfast. The only change to the recipe below is that I substituted the 1/2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar with 1/2 tsp. of lemon juice as I am avoiding fermented products. I can’t tell you how the recipe tastes with the vinegar but it was good using the lemon juice.
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then add agave and vinegar
- Stir wet ingredients into dry
- Scoop batter into a well greased 6.5 x 4 inch baby loaf pan
- Bake at 300° for 45-55 minutes on bottom rack of oven; until a knife comes out clean
- Cool and serve
Makes 1 loaf (about 12 slices)
I plan on trying another bread recipe and some of her cookie bar type recipes. I will post my results and any variations that I might use here.