I know many of you out there might not use medications. But at some point in your life, there may not be an option in order to stay alive. I have discovered that there are medications that contain sulfites. I am sure this list is by no means complete as new drugs and variations of those drugs come on the market daily. Following is what I have learned about drugs and sulfites.
Bronchodilator solutions for asthma
- Adrenalin chloride 1:1000 concentration
- Isuprel hydrochloride solution
Topical eye drops
- Betamethasone phosphate (Celestone)
- Chloropromazine (Thorazine)
- Dexamethasone phosphate (Decadron)
- Epinephrine (Adrenaline, Ana-Kit, Epi-Pen)
- Gentamycin – I have taken this before and reacted.
- Isoetharine HCI
- Isoproterenol (injectable)
- Lidocaine with epinephrine (Xylocaine) When I needed this before, I had to get it preservative free.
- Meperidine (Demerol)
- Norepinephrine (Levophed)
- Procaine (Novacaine)
- Prochloroperazine (Compazine)
- Promethazine (Phenergan)
- Solutions for total parenteral nutrition and dialysis
General Anesthesia Drugs
Sites I visited to get my sulfite information: