I have been in this situation before and had to use an epi-pen.
This week is Food Allergy Awareness Week (FAAW) and Allergic Living magazine is one of the organizations leading the awareness charge. Today I spotted a neat new poster from the magazine that gives some easy-to-remember advice for spotting a reaction, treating it with epinephrine, and getting the patient safely to a hospital.
One of the things that struck me about the poster is that it notes that feeling faint and having a drop in blood pressure could be the only symptom of anaphylaxis. Charlie had a reaction like that once: he had some minor redness on his face and watery eyes, but because he gets redness anyway (and I’d never seen him get watery eyes), I wasn’t sure it was anaphylaxis until he started to look like he was feeling faint.
Anyway, this is great information. I’ve seen people posting online with the same question that I’ve grappled with: what…
View original post 87 more words