I recently read a blog post on the Huffington Post written by Lisa Copen who has been suffering from chronic since 1997. I have posted about chronic illness and reblogged posts from others on the do’s and don’ts when it comes to what to say and how to act around others with chronic illness. Lisa presents 8 Ways to Annoy a Friend With Chronic Illness in her post.
1) Remark on their treatment
2) Tell them they need to fight the disease
3) Get excited to use their disabled parking permit
4) Say they are so lucky because….
5) Tell them it is stress
6) Talk about their assistive devices
7) Tell them about a cure
8) One-up their illness
Lisa takes these eight topics and expands on them.