Hello everyone! As you know today is Book Blog Tour 9. I have a few updates to share:
- Rachel at doilooksick is hosting me on Tuesday, October 15th (Thank you Rachel)
- Shanna from lipreading mom is hosting me the following Tuesday. (Thank you as well Shanna) Amy from adventuresofanallergicfoodie is also hosting me that Tuesday. So we are having a two-for-Tuesday Book Blog Tour Stop.
- I am dealing with a nasty sinus infection that is driving me crazy and trying to prepare for my book launch party here at home a week from tomorrow.
- Yesterday my dear friend Victoria (you all know her from the Christmas cookie baking post where she is pictured in the lovely and stunning white tyvek suit) came over and put my gift baskets together. Thank you Victoria and to the wonderful companies that donated items for me to use.
- Two weeks ago I tried a sunflower butter cookie to see how it tasted and how many cookies I could make as part of the food for the party.
- Today I made mock oatmeal cookies (gluten and dairy free as well) using ground almonds in place of oats. They are good but I may add a dash of cinnamon for zing).
- Tomorrow I am going to make the chocolate almond joy bars to see how many I can get out of a batch.
- I still need to try a carbob chocolate chip cookie.
- I need to get plates, napkins and paper cups yet and maybe a banner or two.
- Recipes need to be typed and printed and cards made specifying the type of snack (gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, etc.)
I have a week to accomplish this while dealing with a sinus infection. Wish me luck everyone. I really would like to get a lot of the typing done this weekend and even get my cellophane bags and prep the dry ingredients so I am ready to go next Friday for a bake-a-thon.
There will be lots of pictures taken and I will post them as I go along as well as recipes for the items I make.