I was nominated today by the lovely Jenny at My Fibrotastic Life for “The Dragon’s Loyalty Award”. Jenny is the proud nominee of this award four times already. For this reason I am not including her in my nominees – but I want to state that she has been a great and loyal follower. I have had several nominations over the last few months but have been so wrapped up in all things book and other issues that I have not taken the time to honor them. Today I am turning over a new leaf and promise to be more diligent when it comes to responding to awards given me.
“The philosophy of the award is: The Dragon’s Loyalty Award is an award for the loyal fan/commenter, whether the recipient is a fellow blogger or just someone who follows and comments regularly”.
There are some rules that one must follow in order to fully accept the award and they are as follows:
1. Firstly, display the Award on your site. You earned it and you deserve it! (check)
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award in your acceptance post; (check)
3. Nominate 15 well deserving bloggers for the Award and let them know the wonderful news by sending them a message on their site; (this will be done as soon as this link is posted)
4. List 7 interesting facts about yourself” (check)
I have done these awards before and don’t know if I can come up with 7 facts that you don’t know about me but here goes;
- I have never learned how to skate. I remember trying a few times at the roller rink but was so bad (uncoordinated) and embarrassed that I quit going.
- When my left hand gets cold you can faintly see a scar across my fingers where I grabbed a fresh cup of hot coffee on the table and spilled it on my hand when I was a baby.
- I didn’t get chicken pox as a child no matter how many times I was exposed but instead got them when I was 31 from a child who was visiting my daughters’ preschool on the day it was my turn to volunteer and then gave them to my own daughters 21 days later.
- Since we are about to celebrate Thanksgiving – I will tell you that I came down with the mumps on Thanksgiving Day.
- I chose to walk nearly two miles to school during high school because I didn’t want to walk 1/2 mile and then ride the bus.
- I was in Whose Who Among Junior College Students.
- My favorite toy was a stuffed dog with bells in his ears that I for some strange reason named Gas Pipe.
My 15 nominees are:
Thank you again for my nomination. I’ll have to get busy on my nominations and those 7 points.
You are most welcome. I look forward to learning seven things about you.
Thanks, Kathryn! I like ice skating but never did like roller skating. And I haven’t done either now in a really long time, so who knows if I can still do them.
Looking forward to checking out your other nominees.
Thanks so much, Kathy!
My pleasure Jennie.
BTW you deserve every award for your loyal support!
Thank you so much Kathryn! I love the graphics of this award because, of course, I love dragons. 🙂 Hope you enjoy this award and many more like it!
You are very welcome. I thought the graphics were pretty awesome as well.
Thank you Kathryn for my first award. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I’ve tried to finally tuck in and get my book finished and I had way too many exposures this week. I love dragons but I have to admit I do not know how to display the award on my site. Any help with this would be appreciated. 😀
Colleen – I understand busy and exposures. You should be able to right-click on the dragon and then just copy it onto your post. Let me know if you have any problems.
Thank you so much! I’ll post asap
Rachel – when you get to it. You don’t have to participate if you are too busy. I just wanted to share with others some of my followers that have been extremely loyal.
Thank you very much, Kathryn! I really appreciate the recognition!
You are welcome.