The Kiss that Nearly Killed Me–Why Peanut Allergies are DEAD Serious

As my followers know, I am allergic to EVERYTHING! My husband found out the hard way when he gave me a kiss after drinking a glass of wine. (MOLD, SULFITES).

Factor in the fact that our total body load is off balance from all the chemicals we are being exposed to on a daily basis as well.

I am sorry you had to learn the hard way. The thing is that if you are allergic/sensitive to something each time you expose yourself, the reaction can be much worse until you experience what you experienced.

Kristen Lamb's Blog

I am reticent to write this blog, namely because a lot of the content I’ve shared lately has involved a string of injuries. I am a 40 year old woman who practices Brazilian Jui-Jitsu and it’s a contact sport. Stuff happens. I’m also the mother of a 4 year-old. Trips and falls over the hidden Matchbox car or lurking Legos happen. If fact, I’m not particularly worried about burglars. If they can make it through my living room in one piece?

Feel free to have the ten-year-old television. You earned it.

Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 1.19.17 PM

But, despite this being embarrassing, I felt it was a vital topic to address. Recently, I blogged about empowering my little one to do things on his own. A big step? Making his OWN PBJ sandwich. Since I already know I have a zillion food allergies and intolerances, I’ve avoided eating peanuts, because I know that people with current…

View original post 1,721 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s