Wow, my blog is only in its infancy (started this past April) and I just received my second blog award. I have been given this award by Amanda of Celiac and Allergy Adventures. Visit her blog at: (http://celiacandallergyadventures.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/liebster-blog-award/).
By accepting, I am supposed to share 5 random facts about myself and answer 5 questions posed by her. THEN, I have to nominate 5 other blogs and come up with 5 questions to ask them. This is making me do some serious thinking about myself.
5 RANDOM FACTS
1. I once saw a UFO (no kidding). My sister and I were sitting on our front porch and saw it go over the house. Eerie – I know.
2. I didn’t learn to swim until I was 12. My parents bought a pool and my sister and I either learned to swim or the pool got filled with sand so I took lessons with seven and eight year olds.
3. I never tried marijuana even though I was the right age during the time (boring I guess or just too scared to try or the wrath of my father if he found out).
4. I love having flowers growing outdoors even though I am not able to plant them myself anymore.
5. My favorite movie is “It’s A Wonderful Life”.
QUESTIONS FROM CELIAC AND ALLERGY ADVENTURES
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go first? That is a tough question since I haven’t been able to really travel in a long time. I think I would like to go to Peru.
2. What is one thing you would change about your life right now? I would change my inability to tolerate the world around me.
3. Would you rather cook or bake? I would much rather bake. I love creating things.
4. What’s your top three favorite songs of all-time? Hmm – that is a tough one. a) Drummer Boy (love Christmas music) b) Remember When by Alan Jackson (I think this a very poignant song) c) As Tears Go By from Marianne Faithful (always liked the song and never thought it might actually represent my life).
5. What’s your favorite type of weather? Late Spring (by then the mold in the air is pretty much gone and the pollen is starting to spiral down). I also love the sunshine it brings and the way it lightens my mood after the winter fog.
adapting to allergies
1) What is your favorite book?
2) Who do you most admire?
3) If you had the money to make a difference, what would you do and why?
4) What is your favorite pet?
5) If you could eat anything (I ask this because I have food allergies) what would it be?