Before I go into what I plan on asking in my survey, let me tell you that I am suffering from one of my sinus infections. And my husband has some kind of cold with cough (wearing a mask that doctors use in the house). As I am trying to get this infection over with, I am praying that I don’t get what he has. Fingers crossed.
Okay – I have roughed out a few things that I would like to put on my spreadsheet for the survey along with the questions I am going to ask. Here is what I have so far. I don’t want the list to be too long so that I might be able to get answers. My plan is to ask the questions of the office managers. Please let me know what you think. I am going to work up my spreadsheet, copy a page from the telephone book, and make a call or two each day.
Name of Doctor/Dentist/Surgeon, etc. (for my info only and not to be released)
- Do you use air fresheners or burn candles in your office?
- Does the doctor/dentist, etc. wear cologne?
- Would the doctor/dentist, etc. be willing to not wear cologne for an appointment if the patient is sensitive to chemicals?
- If you use air fresheners/burn candles, are you aware of the hazards these chemicals pose on not only your patients but your staff?
- Would you be willing to consider stopping this practice?
- If not, why?
By the way, my daughter asked what kind of rights I might have with these doctors and their fragrances under ADA. She asked me if perhaps I am being discriminated against. Hmmm! I am going to ask my attorney that question next week.